Friday, July 23, 2010

Gear Up




Just got a new bigger chainring for my 29er fixter. 48T. Along with the 18Tomicog I can really roll. The 44 was a bit too small except on in the mountains. Hope the knees hold up though. They are protesting slightly and I may be over doing it. 1st ride yesterday morning and I was nearly up to my road bike pace on the neighborhood lap. 15 miles at just over 18 mph average.


I used to do around 19 mph avg on the road bike, which is down because I bent the rear axle and trashed the cones too. Hard to locate late 80's dura ace hub parts. I may need to buy aPhil Wood hub that fits my bike. Gotta race comin up next month, local, at Fountainhead Park. Got a new 22T freewheel for that. Registered for single speed and I can't climb everything on the 20T freewheel. Thinking about doin the back road century in September fixed gear.


No comments: