Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend Ride

Virginia Beach is flat. Seriously. I took the fixed gear 29er to Va Beach and had fun ride. Total distance around 50 miles. I don't know. I have no electronics whatsoever on board. I am enjoying the ride more, the less I am a slave to the digits and statistics. One lesson is that I want a new Tomicog in 16 or maybe 15 teeth for future road rides at the Beach. Current gearing is 44x18 which works well for me on the 6-8% grade mountain roads I like to ride but had me spun too high this weekend. Even so, I nearly caught several roadies on Shore drive heading to the beach and I passed 4 road biker babes on General Booth Blvd. Except for the occasional wind more gear would be welcome. The idea of passing multigear bikes with my fixie makes me happy.

No comments: