Saturday, May 15, 2010

Smashed a PR!


I did a repeat of last month's fixed gear ride on Skyline Drive and saw a huge improvement.

Like last month I went to Hogback overlook and back to Front Royal on the fixie in 44x18 gearing. Last month it took me 29 min to do the intro 4 mile-1200 foot climb which is my person hill TT. My fastest time was from last year on my lighter road bike at 26 min. Today I bagged it in 24:48. Sweet! ~250W average on Analytic Cycling's calculator. That was just under 10mph avg. 400W would be 15mph. Seems impossible. Thought about running the freewheel but decided to man up and run fixed the whole 42 miles again. Didn't ride the brakes as much either, can almost get by resisting. There was a gaggle of roadies out too and I had much fun passing over a dozen of them huffing and puffing with their weenie girly gears to their dismay when they saw the Tomicog. Honking my silly bike horn to add insult on top with a happy "good mornin".

Damn, it hurt, especially when the HR exceeds 190BPM.


No comments: