Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Decisions

Well, after my last crapfest race I have decided to enter (pay) for more rides/races. They are in October this year. Need to get back down to race weight, too much junk food and beer ever since my class reunion. Gonna do the MoCo Epic, which I did once this summer unsupported, it is a club fundraiser. Should be fun. Rode 44x20 freewheel last time, think I will do 44x18 fixed this time. Get some respecto and challenge myself. Like that 42 miles I did on Skyline Drive running 48x18 fixed gear, but smoked my legs, and I had been planning a 81 mile ride in that gear. Glad no one showed up so I could bail out at 42. The other event is the Poor Mountain Hillclimb, my 1st ever hill climb bike race. Maybe I will be like Doug someday.
Gear decision: Instead of tryin to rebuild my circa 1988 Dura Ace road read hub with a bent axle and toasted cones and bearings, I am gonna get a new Phil Wood hub and have my LBS build it on my rim.
And next year: I will do 6 Gaps again and probably run my XT mtb crankset so that I can hit Lincoln Pass with the confidence that a lowest of 22x28 gearing will supply. No walking.
And the SM100 is next weekend and I am passing on it this year. Will do it next year single speed if the cashflow is not hammered like it was this year. Here's to the future.

1 comment:

Hill Junkie said...

Poor Mountain - I can't find info on start/finish points. Do you know it?