Saturday, April 17, 2010

Smoked! Fixed gear on Skyline Drive










Got a late start. Funny thing about a relatively big gear (44x18), seemed like I was moving slowly, but my hillclimb TT (4 miles 1200 feet elev) was only 3.5 min behind my PR on my road bike, and my heart rate was lower. But the legs were a hurtin. Back too. Always like this early on whenI am over weight with under fitness. And it was really windy, made me glad for the super wide bars. Made it to Hogback and out all on the 18T Tomicog but I think I will run the 20T freewheel next time. 44x18 was a little too much and I ended up riding the front brake alot on the downhills because I can't resist enough. Saw 30 mph on one downhill for a calculated cadence of155. I tried to resist and felt like I was gonna get launched. Glad for the 185mm disc up front. Clilly but nice. No cramps. It was a good day.





No comments: