Friday, January 15, 2010

New bike fever!

Happy Friday! TGIF. When will Saturday morning get here so I can ride my first completely new shiny bicycle since I bought a blue SE OM Flyer back in about 1982 with my paper route cash. I B pickin up my new red Salsa ElMariachi in the mornin and riding at a new trail too in Maryland. I found a LBS (almost local) that sponsors M.O.R.E. and agreed upon a price not far off from the best internet deal I had found. What the hell, I will spend a few bucks if it helps my bike club and a local bike shop. Fat Dave need ride. Beer belly need go. If I don't get out and ride more I might have to bail on 6 Gaps this year. I want to finish it if I go. But 15 extra lbs on my derrierre will kill me. Hope this new bike helps me fire up and ride. Work has been killing me lately. Too many hours and frustating days busting my ass but seeing little return it seems. Feels like swimming against a rip tide. The harder I work the more pissed I get because improvements do not come. I feel like Cinderella. My group's whippin boy. They call me a tool owner. All I own is the blame. No respect.
But, tomorrow it's "ride and smile" :)

No comments: