Sunday, January 17, 2010

Got It!

Picked up the El Mariachi yesterday and rode around Susquehamma State Park, Md for 2 hours. Nice trails, reminds me of Freedom and Fountainhead in VA. 29er is the BOMB, werd.
Fully rigid, 2.55" tires @20psi, no problemo. 172# of fat assed Dave, muy problemo. Only walked on one climb due to fitness issues. No 22T granny for bailing out. Bike has a 1x9 drivetrain. Only on fast rough downhills did the lack of suspension show. Surprised myself with a trials bike-ish trackstand without trying. I guess rigid helps that. Muddy conditions almost crashed me a half dozen times. I wonder at what tire pressure I will start pinch flatting? Damn, rained all day today. Hope next Sat is good for an early spin around FH before the twins' B-day party. The big 3.0!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know this is useless with out pictures of said new bike sir.